Your Wedding »
Wedding Planning Timeline
Wedding Planning Timeline
BOTANICA's Wedding Planner Timeline
6 to 12 Months Before the Wedding
- Announce engagement to family and intimate friends;
- Select a wedding date and time;
- Select type (size, formality and setting) and location of wedding;
- Consult a priest or an officer;
- Build a preliminary list of guests and attendants;
- Select wedding dress and headpiece, set a date for fittings and delivery;
- Select and rent the broom's wedding attire;
- Select your professional photographer and shop for caterer, consultant, music and entertainment, florist (BOTANICA - Flowers, Balloons & Gifts, of course), etc. Have engagement pictures taken and sent to family and friends.
4 to 6 Months Before the Wedding
- Come by BOTANICA to discuss your color schemes, budget and type of floral arrangements and bouquets during ceremony and reception;
- Finalize menu and budget with caterer;
- Choose musicians and/or disc-jockey;
- Come by BOTANICA to select and organize printing of invitations, thank you notes, access maps and other related stationary needs;
- Select wedding rings;
- Review list of guests and attendants;
- Submit wedding list, gift registry and gift choices;
- Honeymoon: travel agent, budget and destination;
- Review contracts and written agreements with BOTANICA - Flowers, Balloons & Gifts, caterer, photograph, musicians, tailor, dressmaker, etc.;
- Select, best man, lady-in-waiting, bridesmaids, attendants, etc.;
- Rent attire if necessary for grooms, attendants, ushers and witnesses;
- Finalize guest list.
3 Months Before the Wedding
- Meet with priest or religious officiant;
- Select music with musician, organist or solist;
- Honeymoon: passports, visas, vaccines, insurance;
- Decide upon rehearsal date;
- Choose and order wedding cake and floral ornaments if any;
- Bar: budget, wine selection and quantity;
- Transportation: book limo or other transport;
- Transportation and accommodations for attendants and guests if necessary;
2 Months Before the Wedding
- Mail out invitations and announcements with confirmation notice 30 days before wedding;
- Confirm arrangements taken with priest or officiant.
1 Month Before the Wedding
- Plan wedding rehearsal with dinner or cocktail the day before wedding (Groom's mother);
- Choose gifts for groom and attendants;
- Final wedding dress fitting, final fitting for attendants;
- Acknowledge received gifts and send thank you note;
- Pick up wedding rings;
- Appointment with hairdresser and/or makeup artist (Bring headpiece and accessories);
- Honeymoon: finalize hotel and ticket reservations; plan for clothes and accessories;
- Honeymoon night: book an hotel room;
- Transportation: confirm arrangements with drivers.
2 Weeks Before the Wedding
- Reconfirm everyone's task and responsibilities;
- Phone guests that have not replied to the wedding invitation;
- If necessary, change address and/or name on ID and credit cards, etc.;
- Last minute shopping for wedding and honeymoon;
- Pick up wedding dress and accessories.
1 Week Before the Wedding
- Prepare the payment envelop for church;
- Draw a plan of top table and arrange guests or attendants' parties;
- Review attendants' attire;
- Purchase traveler's check and foreign currencies;
- Reconfirm rehearsal day.
1 Day Before the Wedding
- Pack you baggage for your honeymoon;
- Confirm: hairdresser and makeup artist;
- Have your wedding ceremony rehearsal and rehearsal dinner;
- Give the gifts to attendants;
- Give the best man the amount the professionals are to be paid on the day of the wedding;
- Go to bed early!
Your Wedding Day!
- Delivery by BOTANICA of the bride's bouquet, the corsage for the attendants and the floral arrangements for the ceremony locations and reception;
- Bride's dressing ( two hours before ceremony);
- Photograph session (allow at least an hour);
- Departure for the church or town hall (the bride should arrive five minutes before ceremony);
- Arrival of the groom and of his best man 20 minutes before wedding;
- Arrival of the mother of the bride and the best maid (five minutes before the bride);
- Arrival of the bridesmaids (five minutes before the wedding);
- Arrival of the bride and her father (immediately after the bridesmaids);
- Ceremony and reception...
For more details, come and visit us.